Established in 1996, Bento Sushi is Canada’s largest and fastest growing sushi company with operations across Canada and the Northeastern United States. Today, Bento runs over 550 sushi bars and delivers sushi to over 1,000 locations from six factories. Bento Sushi can be found in leading grocery chains, street-front locations, office towers, shopping malls, airports, colleges, universities and hospitals. We bring together a dynamic team of people with diverse backgrounds, experience and talent. Together we create exceptional guest experience serving handcrafted sushi each and every day. If you are looking to join a fun, friendly and exciting workplace environment where you can truly take pride in your work, the opportunities are endless. For more information, please visit our website at www.bentosushi.com.
Human Resources Coordinator (Markham, ON)
The Human Resources Coordinator will provide operational support to the HR team with a special focus on HRIS administration and reporting, benefits administration, and recruitment.
- Provide accurate scheduled reporting of key metrics and people-related analytics: Headcount, Attrition/ Turnover, Absences, etc
- Administers organization’s benefits programs; enrolls staff in benefit plans and completes changes as required; answers queries from staff regarding their plans as required.
- HRIS input and maintenance of system (ADP Workforce Now), including the accurate and timely input of new hire information and employee changes.
- Partner with Payroll to ensure all HR action forms and all back office functions are executed.
- Support all recruiting initiatives, including maintaining and posting job descriptions, organizing job fairs, conducting phone screenings, setting up interviews, etc.
- Communicate with other departments on behalf of Human Resources; respond to employee and manager inquires in a timely manner.
- Set up and maintenance of employee files, ensuring all new hire paperwork is completed and filed appropriately.
- Ad hoc requests to support the management and delivery of all HR programs.
- Post secondary education in Human Resources, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of Human Resources experience, with exposure to HRIS systems an asset.
- Applied experience in recruitment and candidate sourcing.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, with demonstrated proficiency with MS Excel, macros and query based reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills with ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects within assigned deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment, with a strong attention to detail.
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work as part of a team; possesses a solution-oriented and positive attitude.
- Must demonstrate good judgment, strict confidentiality, and adherence to company policies and procedures.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.