Established in 1996, Bento Sushi is Canada’s largest and fastest growing sushi company with operations across Canada and the Northeastern United States. Today, Bento runs over 550 sushi bars, and delivers sushi from our six factories to over 1,300 locations. Bento Sushi can be found in leading grocery chains, street-front locations, office towers, shopping malls, airports, colleges, universities and hospitals, where we serve handcrafted sushi each and every day. We bring together a dynamic team of people with diverse backgrounds, experience, and talent, to create an exceptional guest experience. If you are looking to join a fun, friendly and exciting workplace environment where you can truly take pride in your work, the opportunities are endless. For more information, please visit our website at www.bentosushi.com
Sushi Training Specialist
The Sushi Training Specialist supports field operations to ensure full compliance with all Bento Programs and Standards including but not limited to: Recipe Standards, Food Safety, Quality Assurance, Guest Service, and overall operational excellence.
- Work closely with Area Management and franchisees on assessing teammates’ skills and knowledge gaps to help build and sustain a high performing team.
- Train teammates in a supportive and motivating manner ensuring that successful performance is reinforced and constructive feedback is provided.
- Drive systems and standards of new program concepts through coaching, role modeling and spot-checking
- Support the teams in opening and closing locations on assigned days and provide leadership during the hours of operations.
- Assist Management in promoting a safe and healthy working environment by being a 'safety-minded leader' who leads by example in reporting any food and safety issues and deficiencies in the sites.
- Ensure that the Bento standards of service and quality are strictly upheld at all times to meet and exceed the brand standards. (overall operational excellence)
- Involvement in expanding training and development programs based on the needs of the organization and the individual
- Develops a holistic view of performance problems, identifies root causes, and suggests training-based solutions.
- Manage existing training materials in order to ensure content is most up-to-date and implement to field
- Organize and manage any special events
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Support and cover an emergency shift when necessary.
- Sushi culinary experience an asset
- Prior training/coaching experience preferably in food service industry
- Have strong communication skills in both oral and written English
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to travel out of states with a flexible schedule to accommodate operational needs
- Out of office up to 80% required, to visit other sites, train other employees and Franchisee
- Must be able to work non-standard workweeks, any shift, weekends, holidays, and overtime
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently and prioritize competing tasks
- Must be detail oriented, multi-task oriented, and organized
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to lift a maximum of 40 lbs and wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- ServeSafe Certification an asset
Bento Sushi is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.