Established in 1996, Bento Sushi is Canada’s largest and fastest growing sushi company with operations across Canada and the Northeastern United States. Today, Bento runs over 550 sushi bars, and delivers sushi from our six factories to over 1,300 locations. Bento Sushi can be found in leading grocery chains, street-front locations, office towers, shopping malls, airports, colleges, universities and hospitals, where we serve handcrafted sushi each and every day. We bring together a dynamic team of people with diverse backgrounds, experience and talent, to create an exceptional guest experience. If you are looking to join a fun, friendly and exciting workplace environment where you can truly take pride in your work, the opportunities are endless. For more information, please visit our website at www.bentosushi.com
Multi Unit Food Service Manager - New Jersey
The Food Service Area Manager is responsible for the overall profitability of an assigned area and provides leadership and direction in achieving sales, productivity and people management.
- Responsible for overseeing and driving operational excellence within an assigned area including managing financial performance and maintaining high levels of satisfaction with services to guests and customers.
- Provide direction, coaching and reinforcement to team to ensure strict adherence to all programs in place including operating standards, guest experience, food safety and quality, productivity, inventory levels and health and safety.
- Oversee staffing level including performing final interview and the approval of all hires.
- Ensure accurate accounting and reporting.
- Foster and maintain a culture of superior customer service, safe and respectful work environment.
- Drive compliance and participation of all initiations i.e. implementation of new store openings, new product roll outs and marketing programs,
- Develop and promote effective relationships with store management and facilitate an efficient flow of information between the company and our external customers.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 2 years of food service management experience, preferably in a multi-unit environment
- Experience in the sushi industry is an asset
- Ability to adapt and succeed in a fast paced environment
- Ability to travel within an assigned region and with a flexible schedule to accommodate operational needs.
- Valid driver's license.
- Have strong communication skills in both oral and written English (Bi-lingual Korean is a plus).
- Competitive salary
- Bonus/Incentive plan
- Paid Time Off
- Car allowance and company gas card
- Benefits including medical, dental, and vision
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.