Bento Sushi is North America’s fastest growing sushi company. Established in 1996, we have over 550 locations across Canada as well as locations in Northeastern United States. Our sushi bars can be found in all leading grocery chains, office towers, shopping malls, colleges and universities. We bring together a dynamic team of people with diverse backgrounds, experience and talent. Together we create exceptional guest experience serving handcrafted sushi each and every day. For more information, please visit our website at www.bentosushi.com
Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist will support the Human Resources department by providing day-to-day guidance and support to management and teammates on all Human Resources matters.
- Manage teammate relations and provide timely support to management in resolution of issues including conducting investigations, coaching, counseling, and recommendation on disciplinary actions, to ensure consistent policy applications and legal compliance.
- Advise and assist field teams, within multiple provinces, on the interpretation and application of various corporate HR policies, employment legislation and all other relevant employment guidelines.
- Support all recruitment efforts to ensure the selection and retention of top talent.
- Coordinate workers compensation claims and Return to Work programs, in conjunction with regional offices, and follow-up with the expedient return to meaningful and productive work.
- Provide support regarding training activities, including coordinating and facilitating in-house training programs.
- Manage the administration of benefits programs including group benefit insurance plans, etc.
- Provide support in the ongoing development of regional health and safety programs, ensuring compliance with national and provincial health and safety legislations.
- Contribute to the development of human resources projects and initiatives.
- Provides cross-functional support to other Human Resources teammates as required.
- Post secondary education with a focus on Human Resource Management or related discipline. CHRP or in pursuit of the designation.
- A minimum of 3 years’ related work experience, preferably in a multi-unit retail or food service industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment legislation, employee relations practices and HR disciplines. Knowledge of other provincial legislations an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; proven ability to develop effective relationships and gain credibility across all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to monitor multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Professional in maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office applications and HRIS systems.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.