Established in 1996, Bento Sushi is Canada’s largest and fastest growing sushi company with operations across Canada and the Northeastern United States. Today, Bento runs over 550 sushi bars and delivers sushi to over 1,300 locations from six factories. Bento Sushi can be found in leading grocery chains, street-front locations, office towers, shopping malls, airports, colleges, universities and hospitals. We bring together a dynamic team of people with diverse backgrounds, experience and talent. Together we create exceptional guest experience serving handcrafted sushi each and every day. If you are looking to join a fun, friendly and exciting workplace environment where you can truly take pride in your work, the opportunities are endless. For more information, please visit our website at www.bentosushi.com.
Sushi Food Prep Team Leader
Sushi Food Prep Team Leader Description
The Sushi Food Prep Team Leader is responsible for coordinating and organizing all aspects of the daily operations of the business with the team as well as performing all sushi chef duties.
Sushi Food Prep Team Leader Job Responsibilities:
- Maximize sales – ensure that standards and service are upheld at all times. Follow up with teammates during the shift to ensure the delivery of excellent guest experience and taking action to improve levels.
- Make schedules for the team and report absences or any situations that need supervisor’s attention.
- Ensure teammate is following established standards, product specification i.e. recipe, ingredients and weights, presentation and display, policies and guidelines.
- Complete prior day DPR and end of shift activities including recording DPR, adjusting item production to replenish display according to planogram and closing checklist.
- Assists with new teammate training by positively reinforcing successful performance and providing coaching as needed.
- Provide feedback to Area Supervisor on teammate performance.
- Ensure accurate inventory practices including monitoring inventory levels, ordering, supervising of counting and recording of inventories.
Sushi Food Prep Team Leader Qualifications:
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a leadership position in a food retail environment
- Ability to lead and direct
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time
- Flexibility to work various shifts and weekend
- Ability to speak and read English effectively
- Food Handlers certificate
- Demonstrated customer service experience