Bento Sushi is North America’s fastest growing sushi company. Established in 1996, we have over 550 locations across Canada as well as locations in Northeastern United States. Our sushi bars can be found in all leading grocery chains, office towers, shopping malls, colleges and universities. We bring together a dynamic team of people with diverse backgrounds, experience and talent. Together we create exceptional guest experience serving handcrafted sushi each and every day. For more information, please visit our website at www.bentosushi.com
Food Service Store Manager
The Store Manager is responsible for coordinating and organizing all aspects of the daily operations of the retail store with the team and ensures all duties are carried out efficiently.
- Maximize sales and increase profit – ensure that standards and service are upheld at all times.
- Ensure team is providing superior hospitality to our guests. Manage labor by making schedules for the team and adjusting as needed. Control food cost by ensuring teammate is following established standards, product specification i.e. recipe, ingredients and weights, presentation and display, policies and guidelines.
- Manage daily production of product utilizing Bento's tools. Complete prior day DPR and end of shift activities including recording DPR, adjusting item production to replenish display according to planogram and closing checklist.
- Training new teammates by positively reinforcing successful performance and providing coaching as needed.
- Ensure accurate inventory practices including monitoring inventory levels, ordering, supervising of counting and recording of inventories.
- Place orders with suppliers and warehouse accurately.
- Ensure store environment is always clean and all equipments are in working condition.
- Ensure teammates follow health and safety regulations.
- Ensure catering orders are accurately taken, delivered on time, and made to Bento’s standards.
- Make sure proper food cost is followed and create invoice for customer.
- Provide consistent leadership to ensure team is inspired, guests are happy and store is profitable.
- Previous food management experience
- Ability to lead and direct
- Ability to speak and read English effectively
- Superior hospitality standards
- Basic computer knowledge (Microsoft Office and Micros)
- Food Handlers certificate
- Flexibility to work various shifts, evening and weekends
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.