The Sushi Food Prep Team Leader is responsible for coordinating and organizing all aspects of the daily operations of the business with the team as well as performing all sushi chef duties.
- Maximize sales – ensure that standards and service are upheld at all times. Follow up with teammates during the shift to ensure the delivery of excellent guest experience and taking action to improve levels.
- Make schedules for the team and report absences or any situations that need supervisor’s attention.
- Ensure teammate is following established standards, product specification i.e. recipe, ingredients and weights, presentation and display, policies and guidelines.
- Complete prior day DPR and end of shift activities including recording DPR, adjusting item production to replenish display according to planogram and closing checklist.
- Assists with new teammate training by positively reinforcing successful performance and providing coaching as needed.
- Provide feedback to Area Supervisor on teammate performance.
- Ensure accurate inventory practices including monitoring inventory levels, ordering, supervising of counting and recording of inventories.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a leadership position in a food retail environment
- Ability to lead and direct
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time
- Flexibility to work various shifts and weekend
- Ability to speak and read English effectively
- Food Handlers certificate
- Demonstrated customer service experience
Bento Sushi is North America’s fastest growing sushi company. Established in 1996, we have over 550 locations across Canada as well as locations in Northeastern United States. Our sushi bars can be found in all leading grocery chains, office towers, shopping malls, colleges and universities. We bring together a dynamic team of people with diverse backgrounds, experience and talent. Together we create exceptional guest experience serving handcrafted sushi each and every day. For more information, please visit our website at www.bentosushi.com.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.