The Sushi Food Prep Team Leader is responsible for coordinating and organizing all aspects of the daily operations of the business with the team as well as performing all sushi chef duties.
- Maximize sales – ensure that standards and service are upheld at all times. Follow up with teammates during the shift to ensure the delivery of excellent guest experience and taking action to improve levels.
- Make schedules for the team and report absences or any situations that need supervisor’s attention.
- Ensure teammate is following established standards, product specification i.e. recipe, ingredients and weights, presentation and display, policies and guidelines.
- Complete prior day DPR and end of shift activities including recording DPR, adjusting item production to replenish display according to planogram and closing checklist.
- Assists with new teammate training by positively reinforcing successful performance and providing coaching as needed.
- Provide feedback to Area Supervisor on teammate performance.
- Ensure accurate inventory practices including monitoring inventory levels, ordering, supervising of counting and recording of inventories.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a leadership position in a food retail environment
- Ability to lead and direct
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time
- Flexibility to work various shifts and weekend
- Ability to speak and read English effectively
- Food Handlers certificate
- Demonstrated customer service experience
Established in 1996, Bento Sushi is North America’s fastest growing sushi company with operations across United States and Canada. Today, Bento runs over 550 sushi bars, and delivers sushi from our six factories to over 1,300 locations. Bento Sushi can be found in leading grocery chains, street-front locations, office towers, shopping malls, airports, colleges, universities and hospitals, where we serve handcrafted sushi each and every day. We bring together a dynamic team of people with diverse backgrounds, experience and talent, to create an exceptional guest experience. If you are looking to join a fun, friendly and exciting workplace environment where you can truly take pride in your work, the opportunities are endless. For more information, please visit our website at www.bentosushi.com.