Chinese Cuisine (Food) Specialist
The Chinese Cuisine (Food) Specialist supports field operations to ensure full compliance with all Bento Programs and Standards including but not limited to: Recipe Standards, Food Safety, Quality Assurance, Guest Service, and overall operational excellence.
- Plan and create a Chinese inspired menu for a grocery kiosk setting
- Demonstrate excellent food preparation practices, portion control and end to end food production; regulate and monitor food temperatures, and assist in cost analysis and review
- Source and maintain relationships with Asian food suppliers
- Support Area Management and franchisees during new store openings
- Drive systems and standards of new program concepts through coaching, role modeling and spot-checking
- Management in promoting a safe and healthy working environment by being a 'safety-minded leader' who leads by example in reporting any food and safety issues and deficiencies in the sites.
- Ensure that the Bento standards of service and quality are strictly upheld at all times to meet and exceed the brand standards. (overall operational excellence)
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years of experience in creating and preparing Chinese cuisine dishes
- Sushi culinary experience an asset
- Adept in the handling, care and maintenance of specialist preparation equipment
- Have strong communication skills in both oral and written English
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to travel other states with a flexible schedule to accommodate operational needs
- Out of office up to 80% required, to visit other sites, train other employees and Franchisee
- Must be able to work non-standard workweeks, any shift, weekends, holidays, and overtime
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently and prioritize competing tasks
- Must be detail oriented, multi-task oriented, and organized
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to lift a maximum of 40 lbs and wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- ServeSafe Certification an asset
Established in 1996, Bento Sushi is North America’s fastest growing sushi company with operations across United States and Canada. Today, Bento runs over 550 sushi bars, and delivers sushi from our six factories to over 1,300 locations. Bento Sushi can be found in leading grocery chains, street-front locations, office towers, shopping malls, airports, colleges, universities and hospitals, where we serve handcrafted sushi each and every day. We bring together a dynamic team of people with diverse backgrounds, experience and talent, to create an exceptional guest experience. If you are looking to join a fun, friendly and exciting workplace environment where you can truly take pride in your work, the opportunities are endless. For more information, please visit our website at www.bentosushi.com.