Part Time Sanitation/ Cleaner (Afternoon and/or Night Shift)
The sanitation/Cleaner teammate is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing equipment, utensils, walls, tables and floors using chemicals.
- Clean and sanitize equipment, utensils, walls, tables and floors using chemicals.
- Maintain cleanliness of production, warehouse and office area
- Perform inspection of equipment, utensils, etc to ensure not broken / missing parts and intact.
- Dispose of waste and recycling materials as required.
- Test sanitizer concentrations with paper strips.
- Complete sanitation records on a daily basis.
- Follow company’s written SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Advise management of any sanitation related deficiencies.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Minimum high school diploma
- Basic English verbal and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of hygeine and food safety
- WHMIS cerficiate is an asset
- Flexible to work various shifts and Sundays
- Sunday - Friday
- Afternoon and/or Night Shift
- The sanitation teammate is required to work in an environment that is wet, very humid, and undergoes extreme temperature changes, from very hot to very cold.
- Due to the changing environment, the sanitation teammate must constantly be aware of the effects of these changes.
- The sanitation teammate will also be working around large processing equipment in which chemicals will be used to complete the sanitation process.
- The sanitation teammate must be able to work as a team along with other members of the crew, under stressful conditions, and be flexible and willing to perform varying tasks per the supervisor's instructions and in accordance with all safety guidelines mandated by the employer (i.e. wear employer-specified protective gear, including gloves, face/eye shields, aprons, boots, lab coat, hairnets, etc).
Established in 1996, Bento Sushi is North America’s fastest growing sushi company with operations across United States and Canada. Today, Bento runs over 550 sushi bars, and delivers sushi from our six factories to over 1,300 locations. Bento Sushi can be found in leading grocery chains, street-front locations, office towers, shopping malls, airports, colleges, universities and hospitals, where we serve handcrafted sushi each and every day. We bring together a dynamic team of people with diverse backgrounds, experience and talent, to create an exceptional guest experience. If you are looking to join a fun, friendly and exciting workplace environment where you can truly take pride in your work, the opportunities are endless. For more information, please visit our website at www.bentosushi.com.