Food Prep Team Leader
The Team Leader is responsible for promoting Bento’s brand by providing exceptional guest service. The Team Leader will also coordinate and organize all aspects of the daily operations of the retail business with the team as well as perform all sushi chef duties.
- Maximize sales – ensure that standards and service are upheld at all times. Follow up with teammates during the shift to ensure the delivery of excellent guest experience and taking action to improve levels.
- Create a positive guest experience by delivering a high level of service while ensuring all staff members engage guests and exceed service expectations
- Maintain excellent cash handling standards; follow and enforce cash handling procedures and policies including daily cash reconciliation and audits of cash/ point of sale till
- Ensure teammate is following established standards, product specification i.e. recipe, ingredients and weights, presentation and display, policies and guidelines.
- Make schedules for the team and report absences or any situations that need supervisor’s attention.
- Complete prior day DPR and end of shift activities including recording DPR, adjusting item production to replenish display according to planogram and closing checklist.
- Assists with new teammate training by positively reinforcing successful performance and providing coaching as needed.
- Ensure accurate inventory practices including monitoring inventory levels, ordering, supervising of counting and recording of inventories.
- Minimum of 2 years of team leader experience in the food industry.
- Previous experience in the Sushi industry is preferable.
- Must be outgoing, friendly, and approachable
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time
- Can train and inspire a diverse team to excellence
- Good communicator and motivator
- Flexibility to work various shifts and weekend
Established in 1996, Bento Sushi is North America’s fastest growing sushi company with operations across United States and Canada. Today, Bento runs over 550 sushi bars, and delivers sushi from our six factories to over 1,300 locations. Bento Sushi can be found in leading grocery chains, street-front locations, office towers, shopping malls, airports, colleges, universities and hospitals, where we serve handcrafted sushi each and every day. We bring together a dynamic team of people with diverse backgrounds, experience and talent, to create an exceptional guest experience. If you are looking to join a fun, friendly and exciting workplace environment where you can truly take pride in your work, the opportunities are endless. For more information, please visit our website at www.bentosushi.com.