We are looking for a personable and self-motivated Office Coordinator to support our Markham Head Office. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, you will provide timely and proficient office administrative support to numerous departments and functional groups. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is organized, detail-oriented, and motivated to expand their role and make valuable contributions to a company that continues to grow and evolve as a business leader.
- Greet and direct office visitors.
- Handle incoming inquiries and directs to appropriate departments including transfer of calls and taking messages.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Monitor and forward/respond to general inquiries on the company’s website.
- Update and maintain company contact list.
- Processing and distribution of incoming/outgoing mail and couriers.
- Ensure the professional and neat appearance of the reception area, boardrooms and
- Act as a point of contact for building management, obtaining quotes and coordinating service calls as needed, update and maintain office list, supply contacts, and handling facility issues in a timely manner.
- Manage, maintain and order all office supplies, including office keys and access cards.
- Maintain schedule for boardroom bookings
- Coordination of key meetings including food and beverage arrangements.
- Coordinate and book travel and accommodation arrangements for team members.
- Provide support to the HR Department with a variety of tasks i.e. processing new hire info, preparing employment letters, etc.
- Participates in internal committees that support company programs and events, ie. Social committee, JHSC committee, etc.
- Receive and process customer complaints, including reconciliation.
- Update internal intranet with relevant company announcements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree or diploma in post- secondary education or a minimum of 2 years of experience in an administrative role. A combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
- Excellent professional and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, to communicate effectively with staff and management.
- Computer savvy and proficient in Microsoft Suite i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments with minimal instruction.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively, and are driven by delivering results with a focus on exceeding expectations and a 'happy to help' attitude.
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work as part of a team; possesses a solution-oriented and positive attitude.
- Must demonstrate good judgment, the ability to keep confidentiality, and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Access to a vehicle required.
Established in 1996, Bento Sushi is North America’s fastest growing sushi company with operations across United States and Canada. Today, Bento runs over 550 sushi bars, and delivers sushi from our six factories to over 1,300 locations. Bento Sushi can be found in leading grocery chains, street-front locations, office towers, shopping malls, airports, colleges, universities and hospitals, where we serve handcrafted sushi each and every day. We bring together a dynamic team of people with diverse backgrounds, experience and talent, to create an exceptional guest experience. If you are looking to join a fun, friendly and exciting workplace environment where you can truly take pride in your work, the opportunities are endless. For more information, please visit our website at www.bentosushi.com.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.