Established in 1996, Bento Sushi is Canada’s largest and fastest growing sushi company with operations across Canada and the Northeastern United States. Today, Bento runs over 550 sushi bars and delivers sushi to over 1,000 locations from six factories. Bento Sushi can be found in leading grocery chains, street-front locations, office towers, shopping malls, airports, colleges, universities and hospitals. We bring together a dynamic team of people with diverse backgrounds, experience and talent. Together we create exceptional guest experience serving handcrafted sushi each and every day. If you are looking to join a fun, friendly and exciting workplace environment where you can truly take pride in your work, the opportunities are endless. For more information, please visit our website at www.bentosushi.com.
Human Resources Secretary
The Human Resources Assistant will provide operational support to the HR team with a focus on HRIS administration and reporting, benefits administration, and recruitment.
- Accurate and timely input of new hire information and employee changes into HRIS (ADP Workforce Now); set up and maintenance of employee files, ensuring all employee paperwork is completed and filed appropriately.
- Support all recruiting initiatives, including proof reading, maintaining and posting job descriptions, organizing job fairs, etc.
- Provide accurate scheduled reporting of key metrics and people-related analytics: Headcount, Attrition/ Turnover, Absences etc.
- Assisting in organization’s benefits programs; enroll staff in benefit plans and completes change as required; answer queries from staff regarding their plans as required.
- Ensure all HR action forms and all back office functions are executed with Payroll partner.
- Communicate with other departments; respond to employee and manager inquiries in a timely manner.
- Ad hoc requests to support the management and delivery of all HR programs.
- Post secondary education in Human Resources, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of Human Resources experience, with exposure to HRIS systems an asset.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, with demonstrated proficiency with MS Excel and reports.
- Exceptional organizational skills with ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects within assigned deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment, with strong attention to details.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work as part of a team; possesses a solution-oriented and positive attitude.
- Must demonstrate good judgment, strict confidentiality, and adherence to company policies and procedures.
Hourly Salary: $23.50 per hour, 30 hours per week
Position type: Full time permanent position
Location: 25 Centurian Drive, Markham, Ontario, L3R 5N8.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.