Food Prep Team Leader (Starting at $17/hour)
The Food Prep Team Leader assists the operations with food production and management activities over the assigned shift. The Food Prep Team Leader works with, supports and ensures all team members are performing their job responsibilities and meeting expectations in all areas of their job.
Why you should join our team:
• We offer group health benefits and retirement plans for eligible teammates
• Opportunities for growth and skill building - we look forward to training you and teaching you the Bento secrets
• Fun events with your fellow Bentonians!
• We are proud of our Bento Sushi Foundation which offers educational grants for our teammates and funding for other rewarding causes such as seafood sustainability and community involvement.
• Effectively plans, organizes and implements all operational routines and activities during the shift.
• Assists in daily food prep and production tasks.
• Takes necessary action to ensure all guests receive exceptional service; anticipates and exceeds the guests’ needs; handles situations and requests immediately in a positive manner.
• Consistently enforces and maintains all food safety, quality, service and cleanliness standards.
• Ensures all recipe and food standards are being followed.
• Monitors and maintains proper staffing levels and labor costs.
• Creates a friendly atmosphere for employees and guests.
• Effectively trains team members; provides supervision and direction; is the role model in setting a positive example for the entire team.
• Supports efforts to maximize sales and profits.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Team building skills with the ability to get results through others.
• A team player with good communication skills, including verbal and written skills.
• Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills.
• Problem solving skills.
• Must be able and willing to work flexible hours including morning, evening and weekend shifts.
• Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
• Ability to stand for an extended period of time.
• NO SUSHI EXPERIENCE REQUIRED – Bento provides all training.
Bento Sushi is North America’s fastest growing sushi company with operations across United States and Canada. We bring together a dynamic team of people with diverse backgrounds, experience and talent, to create an exceptional guest experience. If you are looking to join a fun, friendly and exciting workplace environment where you can truly take pride in your work, the opportunities are endless.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates elected for an interview will be contacted. Special consideration will be given to applicants with previous experience working as a; sushi chef, sushi maker, sushi cook, prep cook, line cook, server, shift supervisor, and customer service.