Food Production Worker
As a Food Production Worker, you focus on creating quality sushi and other Bento products. You maintain a sanitary work environment by following a routine cleaning schedule of kitchen equipment. Lastly, you put the “team” in teammate by fostering an inclusive working environment by promoting team work and collaboration to maximize morale, productivity and efficiency.
Why you should join our team:
• We offer group health benefits and retirement plans for eligible teammates
• Opportunities for growth and skill building - we look forward to training you and teaching you the Bento secrets
• Fun events with your fellow Bentonians!
• We are proud of our Bento Sushi Foundation which offers educational grants for our teammates and funding for other rewarding causes such as seafood sustainability and community involvement.
Does this sound like you?
• You thrive in a highly repetitive task environment
• Able to work in a refrigerated, cold climate (10°C working climate, 4°C for walk in refrigerator and -18°C for walk in freezer)?
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs where required and stand for extended periods
• Flexible to work various shifts and weekends
• Prepare sushi and other products including cooking rice, preparation of raw ingredients, sushi rolling, cutting, sorting and packaging.
• Ensure all operating standards including food safety are adhered and final products meet quality standards.
• Wash all pots, pans, inserts, utensils, etc and clean kitchen equipment when called upon and as per cleaning schedule.
• Maintain a favourable working relationship with all other teammates to foster and promote a working environment that maximizes morale, productivity and efficiency.
Bento Sushi is North America’s fastest growing sushi company with operations across United States and Canada. We bring together a dynamic team of people with diverse backgrounds, experience and talent, to create an exceptional guest experience. If you are looking to join a fun, friendly and exciting workplace environment where you can truly take pride in your work, the opportunities are endless.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates elected for an interview will be contacted. Special consideration will be given to applicants with previous experience working as a; sushi chef, sushi maker, sushi cook, prep cook, line cook, production worker, food manufacturing, food processor, food mixing.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.